November 4, 2019

Pennsylvania State Representative Privately Apologizes Five Months After Harassing Pro-Life Mom and Teens


Pennsylvania State Representative Brian Sims privately apologized to the family of Ashley Garecht via mail five months after harassing her and her teenage daughters and attempting to dox them for praying outside a Planned Parenthood clinic. The message on the card Sims sent read:
“Dear Ashley, I want to reiterate my sincere apologies to you and your family. I regret the harm that I caused and I have learned a great deal from this. I can only ask for your forgiveness and I wish you all the best in the future. Sincerely, Brian Sims.”
According to Life Site News, Sims had not apologized to the family before sending this care. He did, however, apologize to the Planned Parenthood facility for the negative press this incident generated.

In the original video, Sims said:
“What we’ve got here is a bunch of … pseudo-Christian protesters who’ve been out here shaming young girls for being here. So, here’s the deal, I’ve got $100 to anybody who will identify these three, and I will donate to Planned Parenthood.”
The Garecht family accepted his apology, but also stated, “It is our sincere hope that Mr. Sims will modify his conduct in the future and that he will stand in defense of all citizens who exercise their First Amendment rights in the public square, including those who advocate for life outside of abortion facilities.”

Click here to read more.