June 5, 2018

VIDEO: Actress Sandra Bullock on being an adoptive mom: It’s ‘my purpose’


Actress, adoptive parent, and single mom Sandra Bullock opened up recently to TODAY’s Hoda Kotb, a fellow adoptive mother, explaining how becoming a mother made her realize that it was not her career as an actress that gave her purpose in life, but her children.

“It’s just like being a mom, I finally realize, ‘Oh, this is what I was supposed to do when I grew up,” she said. “Not be an actress; to be a mom. … This is my purpose.”

Bullock, 51, adopted her children when she was in her 40s. Son Louis (8) was adopted as an infant in 2010, and daughter, Laila (5) was adopted in 2015 at age 3 1/2 after being in foster care. Bullock told Hoda Hotb that her priorities in life are “my kids, my kids, my kids. My family. My family. That’s it,” adding that she doesn’t work as much anymore because her family is what’s most important, and she wants to be there for her children’s big moments.


Click here for more from Live Action News.