About the Illinois Federation for Right to Life
The Illinois Federation for Right to Life is a grassroots pro-life organization. We are a non-profit organization that serves as a statewide coordinating body for local pro-life individuals and groups working to restore respect for all human life in our society. The Illinois Federation for Right to Life is composed of people of different political persuasions, various faiths, and diverse economic, social and ethnic backgrounds. Since 1973 the Illinois Federation for Right to Life has been working to end abortion and restore legal protection to those members of the human family who are threatened by abortion, infanticide, and euthanasia. Diverse though we are, we hold one common belief - that every human being has an inalienable right to life that is precious and must be protected. We are dedicated to restoring the right to life for the unborn, and protection for the disabled and the elderly.
What the Federation Does
- Releases a weekly email newsletter to subscribers which covers current issues in the pro-life movement.
- Encourages the creation and strengthening of pro-life affiliates throughout Illinois.
- Serves as a communications center for the interchange of ideas and news of interest to pro-life people in Illinois.
- Coordinates activities through its IFRL federal and state Political Action Committees, to elect pro-life candidates to state and federal offices.
- Testifies at legislative hearings on life-related bills.
- Promotes programs and activities which increase respect for the dignity and value of every human life.
How we work
The founders of IFRL wanted to be sure that our supporters were involved in the decision making and therefore, we encourage our supporters to consider becoming a Director on our Board when we have an opening. IFRL is the vehicle through which individual pro-lifers and their local organizations can be involved in lobbying, education and political action.
IFRL represents Illinois on the National Right to Life Committee's Board of Directors All Board members of IFRL are volunteers.
To do the work that must be done takes willing hearts, helping hands and money to pay for all of our efforts. With the continued growth of our local, state and national organizations we become stronger with each new member.