March 11, 2022

Texas Superintendent Accused of Attacking Mistress Who Refused Abortion

A Texas superintendent has been placed on paid administrative leave and is under investigation. This follows accusations that he assaulted his pregnant mistress in her home after she refused to get an abortion.

Hafedh Azaiez, the superintendent for Round Rock Independent School District, has had a protective order filed against him. Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has ordered that a redacted version of the alleged victim's application for the protective order be released. That document can be found here.

"Mr. Azaiez then started to threaten me verbally on phone calls and on text messages," the woman wrote in her application. "He asked me to have an abortion so that he would not lose his career and family. I was very upset at this, and I said no to an abortion and told him that I had made up my mind to have the child."

The woman wrote that Azaiez continued to threaten her through phone calls and text messages, which culminated in the alleged attack on July 6, 2021.

"He became so angry he grabbed my arms with force, shaking me and shoving me until he threw me to the floor," she wrote. "I developed bruises and since this attack and I have had some bleeding and spotting in my pregnancy and have been advised by my physician that I am threatened to miscarry the pregnancy."

The document also included a chain of text messages. It shows that the woman wrote to Azaiez, "No I will not get an abortion I will pay the consequences as you threatened me. This baby has a heartbeat. I will not kill it."

Azaiez responded to this, "For the last time I am telling you please get an abortion you don't know what you are getting yourself into. I will make you pay this you will not make me lose everything … Don't make me go after you and make you pay the consequences for you and this baby."

Women facing unplanned pregnancies often feel threatened or coerced into abortion. Click here to read a collection of statistics on the coercion and violence that such women face.