October 14, 2019

Florida Grandmother Kills Autistic Grandson. Said Nobody Would Care for him After she Died.

87-year-old Lillian Parks admitted to killing Joel Parks, her 30-year old grandson with autism, because she was dying and didn't believe anyone would take care of him. Other members of his family disagree. She is now charged with second-degree murder.

Lillian gave Joel a drug overdose Saturday night. This morning his sister Yvonne parks found him laying on a couch dead. Yvonne spoke with WWSB about the situation. “I said, ‘Grams, it doesn’t look like he’s breathing,’ and that’s when she said clear as day, ‘Because he’s not.’ And I said, ‘What do you mean he’s not? Like what are you talking about?’ And she said, ‘Oh, I’m doing us both in, we’re going together.’”

In another statement to WWSB, Joel's mother Toshia Fretz said, “I have never been estranged from my children, by choice. I would’ve come and gotten Joel. [Lillian] had planned two weeks prior to that, that she was gonna let [Yvonne] come and take him back to Ohio!” Click here to read more.