January 29, 2019

New York governor justifies legalizing abortions up to birth: I’m not here to represent Catholicism

New York governor justifies legalizing abortions up to birth: I’m not here to represent Catholicism
Governor Andrew Cuomo dug in his heels today, defending signing a law legalizing abortion up until birth while lashing out at Catholic bishops, some of whom increasingly speak of his future excommunication.

“The Catholic Church doesn’t believe in a woman’s right to chose...I understand their religious view,” said Cuomo in a WAMC radio interview, adding, “I’m not here to represent a religion.” “I’m here to represent all the people and the constitutional rights and limitations for all the people, not as a Catholic,” asserted the governor.

Click here for more from Life Site News.