January 11, 2018
Discriminated against because you're pro-life? File a complaint with the Feds
Illinois is one of three states that has passed a law forcing pro-life pregnancy care centers to refer for or even promote abortion. Illinois’ law is the strongest in the country as it forces pro-life doctors, nurses, pharmacists to promote and refer for abortion. The law is under legal challenge in court, and is amidst a wave of anti-conscience bills targeting pro-life Americans and pregnancy care centers are under consideration in numerous states.
"If you have been discriminated against because of your pro-life stance, please read the information below and file a complaint with the federal government," Family Research Council said in a email Tuesday.
"Conscience rights for pro-life health care workers, pregnancy care centers, and employers offering health insurance are under unprecedented attack from pro-abortion state and local governments. For eight years, former President Obama’s administration turned a blind eye to these injustices, despite numerous federal laws protecting pro-life conscience rights."
Family Research Council provides these instructions to submit a Federal Conscience Rights complaint to HHS’ OCR online:
1) Go to HHS’ OCR’s Online Form to Submit a Complaint: https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/cp/wizard_cp.jsf
2) Click “File a Civil Rights Complaint”
3) Under the “Complainant” tab, enter your contact info, and then click “Next.”
4) Under the “Complaint Details” tab, for the first question, click “Other (specify)” and type “Federal conscience protections”, answer the other questions, and then click “Next.”.
8) Under the “Additional Information” tab, add any optional information if it applies to you, and then click “Next.”
9) Under the “Signature” tab, click “Agree” and then click “Next.”
10) Under the “Consent” tab, click “Consent,” and then click “Next.”
11) Under the “Review and Submit” tab, review your full complaint, and then click “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
Click here for more from Illinois Review