Legislative Action

ACTION ALERT - HB 40 - Horrible Pro-Abortion, Anti-Life Bill

This bill has the potential to reverse almost every pro-life effort made in Illinois and will protect abortion if regulated, defunded or o...

December 7, 2016

Emmy Award in Hand, Aid for Women Hoping to Celebrate One More Win

Aid for Women
Chicago-based Aid for Women, which has served thousands of women each year since 1978, is celebrating an unusual victory after hauling in its first-ever Emmy at Saturday night’s Chicago-Midwest Emmy Awards.

Produced in partnership with Spirit Juice Videos, the award-winning video featured a former client, Janessa, who chose life for her son, Christian, when she was pregnant at age 19.

“I was 19 years old when I found out I was pregnant, and I was just in a state of shock,” Janessa says in the video. “I cried for, like, four months. It was going to be a very, very difficult time for me and I didn’t know how to handle it. I didn’t know who to reach out to, I didn’t know if I was going to be able to do it by myself, and it was just an overwhelming experience for me. I needed help.”

Click here for more from National Right to Life.