December 7, 2016

Emmy Award in Hand, Aid for Women Hoping to Celebrate One More Win

Aid for Women
Chicago-based Aid for Women, which has served thousands of women each year since 1978, is celebrating an unusual victory after hauling in its first-ever Emmy at Saturday night’s Chicago-Midwest Emmy Awards.

Produced in partnership with Spirit Juice Videos, the award-winning video featured a former client, Janessa, who chose life for her son, Christian, when she was pregnant at age 19.

“I was 19 years old when I found out I was pregnant, and I was just in a state of shock,” Janessa says in the video. “I cried for, like, four months. It was going to be a very, very difficult time for me and I didn’t know how to handle it. I didn’t know who to reach out to, I didn’t know if I was going to be able to do it by myself, and it was just an overwhelming experience for me. I needed help.”

Click here for more from National Right to Life.