August 5, 2020

Woman Describes the Regret of Abortion as "my own personal hell."

Photo Credit: Paola Chaaya / Unsplash
One woman who deeply regrets aborting her unborn child describes the depression she experiences as "my own personal living hell" in a post she published for AbortionChangesYou.com.

She wrote that after she became pregnant in November of 2019, her boyfriend was completely willing to keep their child. “J also told me that if I wanted to have this baby, we could do it. He has a great job, I’m almost done with school. He offered his support in anyway [sic] I needed it.”

Because some of her friends had completed abortions before without issues and it was simply more convenient to not have a child, she went ahead and scheduled appointments for an abortion anyways. She ended up using the abortion pill regimen to complete the process.

“[T]he fact that [the baby] was part of me & the man I love so much, killed me. It still does. I can barely look at him. It’s been about 4 months since I lost the baby, and I feel like everyday [sic] is harder. I feel hopeless. I feel like I don’t deserve to be happy. I feel like I don’t deserve to be forgiven, or supported, or have any bit of release. I live in my own personal Hell, and I feel like I don’t deserve anything different.”

She goes on to describe abortion as "selfish" and bemoan the fact that she will watch her friend's child grow up at similar stages to what her child would have if she had made another decision. Now, she says she is addicted to nicotine and wants nothing more than to suffer.

While women who have aborted their children do deserve hope and meaning in their lives, it is worth noting that the emotional trauma of abortion can be easily avoided. The medical abortion process can even be reversed via a process called abortion pill reversal if a mother acts quickly after taking the first pill. The death and suffering caused by abortion is completely unnecessary, and pro-lifers will continue to fight for an end it.