September 16, 2009

A Young Pro-Lifer Writes to the President

A Young Pro-Lifer Writes to the President
 


Thirteen-year-old Rachel Engle wrote a letter to President Barack Obama as part of a social studies assignment.  Her teacher asked members of the class to compose a message to the White House on a subject they were passionate about.

Rachel chose abortion.

Dear President Barack Obama:

I am writing to you to express my great passion about my views on abortion in the U.S.:  I am pro-life.  Many people think that abortion is a quick process that can spare you from many things.  Such as having to tell family and friends that you are pregnant, and having to care and pay for the baby.  Many people see abortion as a way to secretly get rid of a 'burden' quickly, when really, this is not the case.

Rachel also explained she was especially against abortion, because she was adopted.

...me and many, many other people that contributed greatly to our society.  Such as Aristotle, Edgar Allan Poe, Eleanor Roosevelt, John Hancock, Nancy Reagan, President Gerald Ford, and the list goes on.  If you ask any one of these people, or the millions of other people, like me who were adopted if they would rather live and make a difference in the world or die, I can almost guarantee that every single person, including me, would choose life.

Engle said she hopes and prays President Obama will use his influence to protect pre-born children.

Source: CitizenLink
Publish Date: September 15, 2009
Link to this article.  
Send this article to a friend.