October 18, 2018

Clinic worker–Post abortion woman crying, feeling guilty, and scared

Clinic worker–Post abortion woman crying, feeling guilty, and scared
From a clinic worker:

“I’ve taken up to one hour and a half if the patient needs it – the people at the front desk don’t love it if I do that too often, but if I have to, I do. I just had a patient today that took a really long time. It was a post abortion – she was crying, feeling really guilty. The doctor really scared her; I had to act as her advocate.”

In actuality, most clinics either offer no counseling or counseling that consists only of a short session of telling a group of women about the abortion process (not in too much detail of course) and offering to answer questions. Even in cases where clinic workers want to give more counseling, there is pressure on them to make it short.

Click here for more from NRL News Today.