August 17, 2016

Terminally ill grandmother sees ultrasound in which she learns her grandchild is a girl

There are a gazillion Facebook videos but I’d wager few are as precious as this.

Taylor Masilotti and her mother Donna Callender watching Taylor’s ultrasound.
Taylor Masilotti and her mother Donna Callender
watching Taylor’s ultrasound.
Just three days before she died, Donna Callender lay in bed next to her daughter Taylor Masilotti as the doctor operates an ultrasound machine. The doctor tenderly asks, “Are you ready? You have a daughter.”

“No way,” Callender says, and, momentarily, “Oh, wow. Look at it move.” Before you know it the doctor is patiently pointing out to both women the baby girl’s features– hands, eyes, the umbilical cord, and the like.

Mother and grandmother exchange looks that you have to see to understand. In a story filed by the Daily Mail, we read

‘Wednesday afternoon was one of my forever favorite memories I got to share with my mom,’ Taylor wrote on Facebook.

‘I got to lay next to her, hold her hand and cry happy tears while we found out the gender of the baby.

‘I can’t thank the hospital enough for allowing this to happen. For allowing me to create my last memory with my mom! ’



Click here for more from National Right to Life.