Equal Rights Amendment

Equal Rights Amendment Update
We are happy to report that the ERA was not called for a vote this week. Thank you for all your hard work to contact your legislators and reach out to others to engage their help on this important issue. Your efforts combined with divine intervention kept the ERA from moving forward. Your voices were truly heard in Springfield this week!

The resolution to ratify the ERA still remains on the table and can still be voted on, but the Illinois Senate and the Illinois House will not meet again until mid January 2018. Click here for more

March 19, 2015

Pro-choice and atheist, woman nevertheless felt remorse over her abortion

One woman shared her abortion story in the journal America:

“A terrible, raw guilt had festered in me for many years. Ever since the day I had walked into a trendy women’s health clinic and filled out the paperwork for what I believed was a simple medical procedure. At the time I was an ardent feminist as well as an atheist. I had studied ethics in graduate school and was fully versed in all the philosophical arguments for and against this particular procedure. I firmly believed that abortion was morally acceptable if performed in the early stages of a pregnancy. I firmly believed that a woman’s rights took precedence over the rights of the fetus."

"I began having flashbacks in which I relived the experience over and over. Each time, I saw myself walking into the clinic. I saw myself climbing up on the table. I felt the crushing pain. I saw the woman standing beside me holding my hand. Wracked with guilt and selfloathing, I wept. How could I have ended my child’s life?"

Click here for the full article.