January 20, 2015

Pro-life rally at Illinois capitol features "abortion abolitionist" Andy Moore


SPRINGFIELD, IL - Sunday afternoon at the Illinois State Capitol, Americans United for Life's Andy Moore started his keynote remarks explaining why he's pro-life:

"I was 14-years-old. I was in a van heading out into the countryside. My friend Josh lived an hour out from my hometown of Christchurch, New Zealand. Josh’s dad was driving. I was going to spend the weekend at their farm - go shooting, play at the river, and just catch up with my friend.

I was aware that Mark, Josh’s dad, had been active in the pro-life movement in the 80s and 90s. He would protest outside the abortion facility in Christchurch and had been arrested for peaceful civil disobedience on multiple occasions.

Suddenly Mark pointed to the left. "See that building?"

He told me, “That’s the crematorium where they burn the bodies of the babies killed by abortion.”
Up until this point, I had been only vaguely aware of abortion. I knew very little about it though. Mark was the only person I knew who had ever done anything to try to stop it.

But now the victim had become real and tangible to me. It struck me in that moment that - if they have to burn the bodies -- that must mean there are actual little bodies, right? Broken bodies of the babies killed by abortion.

Until this time abortion had been an abstract term for me. But it wasn’t until I was able to grasp the humanity of the victim of abortion that I finally woke up to a realization of what was going on.
Good afternoon. My name is Andy Moore, and I am an abortion abolitionist."

Moore, who lives in Washington D.C. with his wife and two sons, is nationally-renowed prolife blogger Jill Stanek's son-in-law. He was the guest of Springfield's Right to Life group at an event commemorating the 42nd anniversary of Roe vs Wade decision legalizing abortion in America.